This is your one stop for everything you need to present during the POWERGEN+ Series. Here you can find your social graphics, templates, deadlines, tips, and FAQs.
November 9-10, 2020
Destination 2050: Achieving Zero Carbon and Reliability
- Speaker photo, short bio and company logo are due Monday, October 19th.
- Presentations are due on Monday, November 2nd.
- Platform training will be held on Thursday, November 5th and Friday, November 6th. Each session will have its own specific training session with our webcast managers to learn the platform and feel comfortable. All speakers should try to be on the same training call as the rest of the presenters in their session.
December 14-15, 2020
O&M, Cybersecurity and the Digital Plant
- Speaker photo, short bio and company logo are due Monday, November 23rd.
- Presentations are due on Monday, November 30th.
- Platform training will be held on Thursday, December 10th and Friday, December 11th. Each session will have its own specific training session with our webcast managers to learn the platform and feel comfortable. All speakers should try to be on the same training call as the rest of the presenters in their session.
Platform training– Each session will have platform training with one of our webcast managers. We prefer that all speakers for that session are present. You will be sent a calendar invitation from one of our webcast managers. In the outlook invite, there will be a specific zoom link to use for the training.
Live session– You will be sent a calendar invitation from one of our webcast managers.
- Click on Zoom link in outlook calendar invite. You must use your specific link as each person in the session has a different, specific link.
- Make sure your camera is on. Our webcast manager will check your camera and microphone to make sure the audience can see and hear you.
- The webcast manager will send out a long link in the Zoom chat box. You can click the hyperlink or copy and paste it and it will take you to the Glisser website. We recommend you use Google Chrome.
- We recommend that if you have two screens, you have Glisser on one screen (the screen with your camera) and Zoom on the other.
- Pay close attention to the Zoom chat box. The webcast manager will let you know when to turn on your camera and microphone and other helpful tips.
- On the Glisser website, you will have control of your slides. Everyone that is speaking in the session also has control of the slides, so make sure the only person touching the slides is the person currently presenting.
- Make sure you are on mute if you are not currently presenting to avoid background noise.
- Under the “moderation” tab, you can see questions from the audience. These are not visible to the audience until you click the check mark box.
- Once the session is over, the Zoom meeting and Glisser slides will disappear.
- Your session will be made on-demand within 24 hours of the live session.
Is there a template for my presentation?
- If your session is an editorial session, please use the specific template. This template will be sent to you by the webcast manager.
- If your session is a sponsored session, you may choose to either use the provided template or you can choose to use your own.
What format should my presentation be in?
Please send your PowerPoint presentation to the conference manager by the set deadline. Your presentation will be reviewed and then converted to PDF, so there is no need to spend time adding animations and transitions.
Will my presentation be made public after my session?
Yes, your presentation will be on-demand after the event. Your slides will not be distributed, but they will be available for viewing in the recording of your session post event.
How long should my short bio be?
Your bio should be no longer than one paragraph (6-8 sentences).
Will I be on camera during my session?
Yes, we prefer you to be on camera during your session. Make sure you are in a quiet space with good lighting. We recommend closing all other browsers and applications to give you the best possibly quality video.
I want to include a video in my presentation. How do I do that?
You may embed the video directly into your presentation or send a separate link. The video must be on YouTube or Vimeo.
Can I make changes to my presentation after I send it into the conference manager?
Yes, you can make small edits to your presentation. We ask that you do not make any more edits two days before your session.
Will I receive a calendar invite to block off time in my schedule for my session?
Yes, you will be sent a calendar invitation from conference manager with a Zoom link. You must use the Zoom link to login to your session. Please login to your session 15 minutes prior to your session. We recommend using Google Chrome.
I am moderating a session. Can I see the questions before they are made public to the audience?
Yes, Glisser provides a way for the moderator to see the questions before they are made public to the audience. There is a tab labeled “moderating.” This is where you can see the questions.
How will the training session work?
You will be sent a calendar invitation with a Zoom link specific to each speaker. Once in the Zoom meeting, a link to Glisser will be sent through the chat feature. If your slides have been sent to the conference manager on time, you should be able to go through the slides in the Glisser platform during your training call.